Wind turbines are an attractive investment because they can help you earn money by generating renewable energy. The potential profits from investing in wind energy are especially true for Avangrid, Dominion Energy and Equinor. These are companies that have partnered up with states to build offshore wind farms and plan to operate them for decades. Also, “they are all in a position to take care of a generous investment tax credit.”
In addition, there are more than 200 projects undergoing construction or late-stage development in 33 states across the USA, according to a 2019 report from the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). These new projects add up to “41,801 megawatts of new capacity, up 10 percent year-over-year.”
To help you decide whether wind turbines are the right investment for you, here is a list of pros and cons.
Pros of wind turbines
- Wind energy is clean and renewable
- Wind energy is sustainable
- Wind turbines have low operation costs
- The land used for wind turbines can be used for other purposes, e.g., farming
- Wind turbines are environmentally-friendly. They do not produce greenhouse gas emissions
- Wind turbines produce jobs. In fact, the US wind energy sector employs more than 100,000 workers.
Cons of wind turbines
- Expensive to purchase
- Wind turbines depend on windy weather conditions to generate electricity and in turn, money. It can be difficult to determine exactly how much money you will make every day
- Wind turbines are noisy and can sometimes be visually displeasing
- Wind turbines can harm birds and bats.
Before you invest in wind turbines, you need to consider the above pros and cons. On top of these factors, you also need to consider maintenance plans. For more information on wind turbine maintenance and wind turbine services, you should contact an experienced wind energy service provider like Anemoi Energy Services. Contact Anemoi today for all your wind energy solutions.